Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kore wa Zombie desu ka

by kuro-hime



SUMMARY :

Ayumu Aikawa is a zombie resurrected by a necromancer named Eucliwood Hellscythe after being killed by a serial killer. As he tries to make the best of his undead life, he encounters a masō-shōjo named Haruna and inadvertently takes her magic powers, being forced to become a masō-shōjo in the process. With Eucliwood, Haruna, and a vampire ninja named Seraphim living with him, Ayumu helps battle demons known as Megalos while trying to figure out the mystery behind his own death!

(adapted from wikipedia)



REVIEW :

This anime is a surprise to me. I expected this anime to be very shallow, stupid and just something you watch to kick boredom away.

BUT I was sorta wrong.

In the beginning of the series, this anime "looked" very stupid. I mean, cute girls and hot girls everywhere. I thought it would be a show of just pure fanservice.
Well, this series HAS ALOT of fanservice, but it makes the fanservice quite funny at times so I don't really mind.

I also kinda like how Ayumu gets kicked around by 3 girls (necromancer, masou shoujo & vampire ninja)

All in all, this is an anime with fanservice, action & lots of humor.

Honestly, I was shocked that I liked this series....but it's hard to hate this series. I mean, the writers didn't take this series too seriously so it's just so light, random at times and funny.

And surprisingly, this series has a PLOT too. In around episode 3 or 4 or 5, you see that Ayumu wants to find the person who murdered him. So in a way, it's also a mystery.
Things got even more sticky & deeper as the episodes continue.

Then, at the end of the show, I really like how it ended. There's only 12 episodes so this series is short & sweet. (However, this series actually ended at episode 11. Episode 12 is just funny filler)

The music was alright in this series, nothing special. (but I really hate the ED though)

As for the art, surprisingly, it's good art from Studio Deen. Normally, I know that Studio Deen's art isn't the best but for this series, they did alright.

It's a great short series and I'm glad that it only has 12 episodes because if it had more, I don't think it'll be as good.

I rate this anime a 6 out of 10. It's enjoyable & fun~!!