Thursday, April 7, 2011

Level E

by kuro-hime



SUMMARY :

Earth has been populated by thousands of aliens from all over the galaxy. While all the other aliens are aware of their presence, it is a secret only from the Earthlings. Baka, the prince of the planet Dogra, crash lands on Earth and loses his memory. He forcibly moves in with Tsutsui Yukitata, a first year high school student who had just moved out on his own. The normal life he once knew is quickly pulled away as he becomes the target of the prince's torment.

(~adapted from wikipedia~)

REVIEW :

This is one of the most hilarious, absurd & random anime I have ever watched.

Why do I say that?

Well, this anime is funny and it can't be taken to seriously sometimes. It's also very RANDOM because you don't really know what will happen next episode.

This anime is very episodic which means, each episode has it's own story in it.
The main plot though is about Aliens on Earth or just Aliens in general. But sometimes, it could be just Prince Baka tricking people or aliens.

To be honest, I didn't think I would enjoy this anime. I only watched it because it seemed to be popular or rather it had a good impressions.

But bit by bit, I began to love this series!! This series is just so fun to watch~!!

Anyhow, the art of this series is quite well done. It has that realistic quality to it. The art style is a little bit like Death Note. It's realistic & nice.

I never really noticed the background music so I can't tell if it's good or bad. But I do love the OP and ED songs. They are pretty catchy and nice to listen.

And plot? Like I said, it's episodic. There is and yet, there isn't a plot. Great thing is, it's freaking random!! That means, you really have no idea what will happen next. I have never been so entertained by a random show before.
Good thing is, the surprises are really surprising.

The humor here is pretty good. IT's been a while since I actually LAUGH OUT LOUD while watching anime & this anime did exactly that.

And the characters here are pretty well done. There's some character development despite this being only a 13 episode anime series. You actually enjoy seeing the characters on screen. Some of them may have less screen time, but you love them anyways.

The characters have their own charm. This anime series is pretty awesome because of the characters.

And oh my god, did I say I love the voice actors doing this series? For me, the voice actors voiced the characters with almost 100% accuracy. It's like, the voice actors were born to voice these characters.

With the voice actors voice fitting the characters, this made me love this series even more!

Only thing I didn't like is that certain episodes were really stupid but other than that, it's pretty good.

I rate this anime a 9 out of 10. Yea, that's pretty high but I can't help it because this series is so damn funny!

Only thing is, I'm sad that the series is over. Wish there was a season 2 or OVA or something.

You can expect a fun ride & some laughs out of this anime. It's just a nice watch.