Friday, October 22, 2010

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!!

by kuro-hime

MAID-SAMA! Pictures, Images and Photos

SUMMARY :

Seika High School, once an all-boys school notorious for its wild students and for generally being a terrifying place for girls, has recently become a co-ed school. With the female population still a minority and living in fear of the over-the-top antics of the males, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow the girls to feel safe in the rough environment.

Training, studying and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation among the male students body as an uptight boy-hating dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid cafe in order to support her family. Unfortunately, her hard-earned reputation is threatened when the popular, attractive, and somewhat impassive Usui Takumi takes an interest in her after discovering her in a maid uniform after school.

(~adapted from wikipedia~)

REVIEW :

In the beginning, I found this series interesting. The female character is actually strong and independent (something super rare in anime, especially shoujo genre)
But I could foresee the usual plot, boy meets girl and sooner or later, they'll get together.

At first, it was something fresh and funny. But after a while, it became draggy and boring.

Not only that, the characters became unrealistic and hard to relate too. On top of that, they weren't really funny or interesting either. Misaki seem to be the toughest girl around that even dudes are afraid of her. Not only that, the girls in her school seems lame, stupid and weak. I mean, c'mon, not every girl is that lame. IT also doesn't help that Misaki and Usui seem to be superhuman at times....

The story got dull after 6 episodes. I mean, it's a shoujo anime so that means they'll get together at the end of it. It also didn't help that the anime got draggy. Around episode 20, I was yelling at the computer screen for them to get together. I mean, get together already and save us the agony of watching the two of you trying to get together.

Even when a love rival entered the picture, it wasn't too interesting. It's just too obvious that Usui will have her at the end of the day. It also didn't help that the love rival wasn't someone too interesting or cool either.

To me, this show is BOREDOM! Why? It's just too draggy, stupid and tiring. It's like watching paint dry.

Character developments? Pretty much none except for Misaki realising that she's in love with Usui and a hint of Usui sad rich family character background.

I only liked the beginning of the show when Misaki wasn't so crazily strong or whatever.

Art? It sucks. It's sloppy and so dull. Sometimes, I feel that the artists are lazy... It's not at all neat sometimes. At certain times, the character proportions could be totally wrong!
I also hated the random filled with flower scenes. It's too random and odd. The timing was just out.

Music? I have to admit I love the ED. (The OP is useless though.) Other than that, the background music is flat and dull.

As for me, my favourite character there is Aoi and even then, he's messed up. If he was slightly cooler, it would have been better.

This shows is not my favourite at all. I don't like it too much and didn't find it particularly interesting or fun to watch.

I rate it 4 out of 10.

(I don't get why the fans love it though...)