Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Maleficent.



SUMMARY :

Maleficent is a powerful fairy who lives in the Moors with other magical creatures. Humans and the Moors were neighbouring lands however, humans always wanted to conquer the the Moors.

One day, a boy named Stephan wandered into the Moors and soon, he and Maleficient became friends. And as they grow older, they fall in love.
However, one day, Stephan betrays her so that he can become King.

This caused Maleficent to become angry and hurt that when Stephan and his Queen had a child, she barged in, cursing the child.

However, as time passed, Maleficent feels guilty over the fact that she cursed this lovely child as she watches over the child while Stephan does his best to end Maleficent once and for all.

REVIEW by kuro-hime :

The main problem would be that I came into this movie with an expectation.
The expectation that this would be about a villain, prancing around being completely evil.
Just pure delicious evil.

And because of that, I must admit that the movie disappointed me.
I wanted a real villain.
Not a misunderstood person who was kind but made a bad mistake.
That's not a bad perspective but it wasn't the perspective that I wanted.
If  you name the movie Maleficent, make it, well, maleficent.

But if you take the expectation out of the equation, I would say that it was a pretty decent movie.
The plot was definitely foreseeable, simple and even a little cliche.
But it was still a pretty good plot.

The CGI in the movie was amazing. I really enjoyed it.
The cast was also amazing. I thought that Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning did a stellar job. The movie wouldn't have been so enjoyable if it didn't have them.

All in all, it was a pretty decent movie.

I give it a 5 out of 10.

REVIEW by JchelzAerides:

I confess that I was absolutely surprised from the beginning when the story unfolded. The movie wasn't bad but it wasn't as how I expected it to be from the trailers. From the way it was projected you wouldn't have expected young Maleficient to be a kind fairy. I would have expected Maleficient to be evil however I suppose that it was logical since most people aren't really born evil. Angelina Jolie did a great job portraying her.

Another thing that I was disappointed - in this case is just my personal opinion in was the lack of theme song. I really liked the spooky, evil atmosphere of the song used in the trailers but there was none of it throughout the movie. 

You could say the ending was rather expected as Frozen used the True Love Kiss similarly. It was rather hilarious seeing that the prince was floating for the majority of his part. One of the things I really liked about this movie is the humour. Lots of scenes that is reminiscence of the Disney's version of Sleeping Beauty.

Overall, its an enjoyable movie. Nothing to shout about but I wouldn't have minded watching it again since this movie is x10 better compared to say the Snow White remake starring Kristen Steward.

Ratings : 6.5 /10