Friday, December 31, 2010

Gundam 00 season 1 & 2

Reviewed by kuro-hime

Gundam 00 Vol. 1 Artwork Pictures, Images and Photos


SUMMARY :

It is the year A.D. 2307. Fossil fuels on Earth have been depleted entirely, with mankind turning to the next available power source: solar energy. During this time, 3 orbital elevators with solar power generation systems are built, each under control by the Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations (formerly United States of America), the Human Reform League (Russia, China and India) and the Advanced European Union. However, not all countries are able to enjoy the benefits of this system, leading to widespread resentment and war. Arising out of the conflict, a mysterious military organization known as Celestial Being appears, dedicated to end all warfare using Mobile Suits called Gundam. This begins the stories of Gundam Meisters (pilots) Setsuna F. Seiei, Lockon Stratos, Allelujah Haptism and Tiera Erde as they are thrown into conflict between the 3 superpowers and the various other factions.

(~adapted frome Anime News Network~)


REVIEW :

One word, EPIC.
Why do I say that? Well, for the first time in my entire life, I have no idea who's gonna live or die. It's an anime that demands your attention and you can't look away from it even for a minute.

Even though the theory for world peace is a little absurd and crappy, you still can't help but support the celestial beings.
I like how the anime doesn't push their idealism on the viewers. It just show and explain the idealism of both side.

Personally for me, I support the Celestial Beings.
This anime has loads of action to offer and I love the Gundams in it! I hate how this anime takes my breath away and makes me pray for the Celestial Being while hoping that they're not dead.

The art here is pretty alright so is the background music. Heck, the background music makes the scene much more intense and EPIC!

However, I do hate that (spoiler alert) Lockon Stratus (Neil Dylandy) died. I mean, WTF? Why did he have to die? Damn, and he's part of the Celestial Being which means he is one of the main character. Yes, one of the main character die. WTF?
I also hate that Saji Crossroad and Louise Havely is around after 2 seasons. WTF? I don't give a shit about them. I really don't care. I don't get it. The producers kill of Lockon but saves Saji & Louise?? How is Saji & Louise even important to the plot??

Anyway, the plot is quite alright. It's a bit confusing at first because of all the politic crap. I like the politic and war plot. It's always awesome! If you don't like politics, do not watch this!!

One more thing, I think the names in this anime is funny. Allelujah Haptism? I mean, seriously? What kind of name is that? I get that Japanese makes funny english names but Allelujah Haptisim??

The character development here is pretty good. Almost all the characters that mattered got to grow in their own way. Odd thing is, I think the main character didn't get to grow too much. But I don't mind too much because he's kinda bad ass.

However, one thing that annoyed me was that the dialogues in this anime were kinda crappy. They either didn't make sense or that the dialogues are always left hanging!!

Anyway, I love this show. It has action, plot and character development. Even though, this anime is flawed but it has it's epic moments. Trust me, the epic moments beat the crappy moment.

I rate this anime 8.5 out of 10.