Sunday, September 19, 2010

Kuroshitsuji 2

Kuroshitsuji Season 2 Pictures, Images and Photos


Reviewed by JuliaAerides

Kuroshitsuji II is set one year and three months after the conclusion of the original series. In the continuation, Kuroshitsuji II introduces our antagonist Alois Trancy and his (demon) butler Claude Faustus. Despite much speculation about 'Monoshitsuji', the second season reunites Ciel Phantomhive with much of its original cast.

A word though before I begin. The second season is purely by fans for fans = fan service and a lot of it. The opening featuring a (naked)young boy crawling out of the bed of an(naked) old man should tell you enough. There is also a busty maid who somehow or another in the plot is required to rip her own clothes to produce weapon she hid in her cleavage.

So the season begin with us wondering how the hell did Ciel return alive (in a suitcase nonetheless) It gets sticky when Alois can Ciel cross paths. For some strange and perverted reason Alois is after Ciel. Well, saying "I want to be One with you" should creep people out and Ciel definitely is.

A few "brilliant" new twist things get complicated. By now, all the main character personality seemed to have made a 180 turn. Things are made worse when the plot is not fully explained causing general confusion in its audience. If I hadn't watched Season 1 I would definitely trashed and dropped this season.

Season 2 still retain the same quality of its animation. Wonderful OP and ED but if you're looking for an intelligent, well-made plot well you'd have to look elsewhere.

Rating: C+



~Additional review by kuro-hime~


Hmm...how do I say this? This anime really dissappointed me.

It's still plotless. Ugh..fine. It has a plot. Claude and Sebastian fight for Ciel is considered as a plot, if you want to. But to me, if that's a plot then, this is a sad, sad pathetic plot.

The character development sucked. The new characters aren't exactly awesome either...but surprise, they brought back the original characters. Unfortunately, their comeback sucks.
There was almost zero character development. I wonder why.

In season 1, the characters were the reason we kept watching. They were dark, mysterious and interesting. However, in this season, they were a bit out of character, lame and crappy.

Great. The plot sucks and so are the characters. So what is the redeeming factor??

Hmm...the art? Yea, the art is pretty good. HECK, the art is awesome. So if you want to just enjoy the visual art without any plot or character development, this is the show FOR YOU!!

Even the music sucks. Honestly, the OP and the ED was VERY forgettable! The background music weren't solid either.

The plot twist and surprises were NOT surprising to me. I kinda already expected it.
So for the ending, I kinda saw it coming and NO, it was a terrible ending.

I don't know why fangirls cried but I found it HORRIBLE. And no, I don't think Ciel and Sebastian should be together forever...
It also didn't help that the anime was FILLED with fanservice most of the time.

So, what I think of Kuroshitsuji season 2?

It is terrible. Thank god, it lasted 12 episodes. And please, NO SEASON 3!!
It's like some terrible fanfiction come alive in an anime and NO, I do not like fanfictions that much either.

However, I did think that if kuroshitsuji season 2 was trying to sell black nail polish, they did absolutely well. I have the sudden urge to paint my nails black all of a sudden after watching the last episode.

I rate it 3 out of 10.

I do not recommend it unless you are a HUGE fan of this series.