Friday, February 18, 2011

Hachiko : A dog's story

by kurohime



SUMMARY :

Based on a true story, this is a movie about a dog, Hachiko and his owner Parker Wilson.
This is a tale about loyalty and love.

It is a story about how a dog can be still very loyal to his owner even after his death.



REVIEW :

This is a really sad and brilliant movie. This movie is so touching and to think that a dog can be so loyal. I mean, it's a dog. It's not even human and yet, that dog has more heart that some humans have.

And to think that it's based on a true story, that makes it even more incredible! I mean, I can't believe it's real!

It's a sad story. No, it's a beautiful touching story that makes you feel sad and yet all warm inside.
Movies like this make me wanna get a dog. It makes me respect a dog or any animal. At the same time, it also show the beauty of relationships and that it isn't just confined to humans.

The cast did a great job! Richard Gere was brilliant eventhough he wasn't around for the second or third half of the movie.
And the dog, oh my god, it is as if the dog can act. I mean, how do they do it?

At certain moments, I will question the dog existence. I mean, could that dog be a visual effect? I mean, Aslan from Narnia wasn't real. So I thought maybe, Hachiko wasn't real.

But the fur of the dog looked too real and when I checked on wikipedia, Hachiko were real dogs. (there were more than one dog that played Hachiko in this movie)

Wow. That absolutely shocked me. Who knew that dogs could act and they are pretty darn good in acting too.

Anyhow, I would definitely recommend this movie to ALL ANIMAL LOVERS~!

I would rate this movie 8.5 out of 10~!