Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3)

Reviewed by JuliaAerides

Fragile Eternity continues from it started in Wicked Lovely. In this installation we join Aislinn the mortal-turned-Queen, now bound to Keenan the Summer King. It would've been a happily ever after if not for the fact that she still loves Seth Morgan, a simple, normal human - something that she once were. However as Aislinn became drawn to Keenan, and the chasm of difference between her and Seth grows larger, Seth would make a life altering decision that will change his life and everyone's around him.

I have to admit that in the begining I was drawn to its cover and title rather than its storyline. I found Melissa Marr's writing style different and I had problems trying to connect its storyline (as I had not read Wicked Lovely then) However I found that as I read on its story begin to grow on me.

I found this story unique and was something to ponder over. Melissa Marr could've easily made this a Once-upon-a-time story but she didn't. Her version of the Fey's world isn't all nice. I also enjoyed it that she didn't simply concentrate on the main characetrs and leaving the side characters as wall paper - a fatal flaw done by many authors.

Melissa Marr's style is one that might take time to grow on you,but do give it a chance. A word of advise though, read Wicked Lovely, then Ink Exchange before you start on Fragile Eternity.

Verdict: A