Friday, June 4, 2010

Alice in wonderland

reviewed by kuro-hime

Alice in Wonderland Pictures, Images and Photos

SYNOPSIS :

Troubled by a strange recurring dream and mourning the loss of her beloved father, nineteen-year-old Alice Kingsleigh attends a garden party at Lord Ascot's estate, where she is faced with the expectations of marriage and of the society in which she lives. Unsure of how to reply and increasingly confused, she runs away to chase after a rabbit in a waistcoat, and accidentally falls into a rabbit hole. She is transported to a world called Underland where she is greeted by the White Rabbit, the Dormouse, the Dodo, and Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

-adapted from wikipedia-


REVIEW :

I have really high expectation of this movie. All of my favourite actor, actress and director are here.
This movie is not as dark as Burton's other movies such as Sweeney Todd but his quirkiness can be seen in this movie. And I know why it's not too dark. It's because this is a children's story that is made by Disney.
The plot is quite nice and enjoyable. Not only that, this movie is refreshing compared to so many movies that are out there right now. This movie also gave depth to the characters

I like how the story is about a girl who thought she knew herself, lost herself and found herself again. I like that idea...and it's very true.
Tim Burton put his own opinion and gave this movie it's own personality.

Personally, I never liked this story but Tim Burton made me love this.

The cast carried this movie very well. Johnny Depp did his thing...however I feel that his character didn't have enough craziness for him to flaunt. Helena Bonham Carter did an excellent job as the Red Queen. Alan Rickman's as the caterpillar was brillant. Even Anne Hatheway did a great job.

All in all, a great enjoyable movie. The cast was great and so was the plot.

Tim Burton did it again. However, I do prefer it if he made another movie like Sweeney Todd. I'll be waiting Tim Burton.

I rate it 4 stars and a half out of 5 stars.