Friday, September 18, 2009

17 Again

Reviewed by kuro-hime

17 again!! Pictures, Images and Photos

Yes, I know this movie was in cinemas quite a while ago. Even so, I feel like reviewing this movie.

Synopsis :

Mike O'Donnell of class 1989 was a star in his high school basketball court with a college scout and a bright future in his grasp. But instead, he decides to throw it all away when he found out that his girlfriend, Scarlett was pregnant.
Almost 20 years later, Mike marriage to Scarlett has fallen apart. His teenage children things he is a loser and his best friend, Ned who is a nerd is now a billionaire. He can't even get a job promotion even though he has worked there for almost 20 years.

Mike is given a another shot at life when he suddenly transformed back to the age of 17. Unfortunately, he may look 17 but he is a 30 something year old man at heart. How will he survive high school in the year 2009?

Review :

Eventhough this story plot has been used in several hundred movies, this movie is still interesting. The pacing of the story is really good. It's not too fast & it's not too slow. And it's definately not boring. This movie can really make you laugh out loud.

Unfortunately, I have to give credit to Zac Efron on his acting skills. All this while, I was a anti-efron person but this movie changed my perception. This reason I watched this movie was because of Matthew Perry but ended up, enjoying Zac Efron acting. He managed to emote really well in this movie and the character seem real.

Unlike all his past works such as High School Musical & Hairspray, I think this is the first movie that display his acting. I hope he picks better projects next time. As for the supporting cast, they did really well too. The movie felt real and relevant to adults and teenagers.

This movie is one of those nice, sweet, relaxing movie that you want to watch on a tired Monday night. This movie is just one of those movie that gives you a nice after feeling. I have no regrets in watching this movie and I have personally watched this movie thrice.

This movie is definately not corny and I think it worked out quite well. I rate this movie 3 stars out of five.